Thursday, December 17, 2015

Chalkboard Mirror

I've had this old mirror, that has been converted into a chalkboard, for years. I used chalkboard paint and simply painted over the mirror. However, I have never really liked the gold frame so here's what I did with it:

Before:
After:
When my boyfriend and I moved into our new house we painted almost the whole house. It's difficult to pick a color. What you see on the color swatch is never the same as what the color looks like on the wall and we have a bunch of leftover paint samples to prove it. The paint samples are great for my crafting though! Here is the paint color I used for this project:
First, I taped the inside of the frame with painters tape.
Next, I started painting. I was not timid with the paint and got a good amount on the brush each time.


I made sure to get all the little crevices because I did not want any of the gold showing through. Once I was done with the first coat, I let it sit and dry over night.


Then, I put on the second coat and let it dry overnight as well. I took off the tape and voila! Transformation.


I may need to touch up a little of the inside with chalkboard paint because I am obviously terrible at taping straight :/ But, I love how it looks now!





No comments:

Post a Comment