Thursday, December 24, 2015

How to Wrap Presents

Growing up, most gifts were wrapped in boxes with wrapping paper. Then, came along gift bags making gift wrapping much easier. But, I've always felt like gift bags aren't as fun to open as a traditionally wrapped present, so I spend hours wrapping presents for our family, and it is well worth it! It's also somewhat therapeutic for me- I get in a zone, maybe listen to music or have a drink (non- alcoholic of course for younger readers)- make it fun!

You will need: tape, scissors, wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift labels, bows, and gift boxes.

First, I set up the box:

Open up the box.

Set up the tissue paper and press down around sides.
Next, place your gift inside and fold the tissue paper around your gift:

Make sure you have the right size box. As you can see, this shirt fits perfectly in this box.

For this shirt, I folded the top and bottom of the tissue paper first.

Then, I folded the sides.

And, I tape in the middle to keep it in place.
Place the top of the box on and tape the sides.
Now, it's time to do the wrapping paper!

This is the wrapping paper I chose to use. I set it out and unrolled some of it.

Place your gift on the wrapping paper once you have rolled some out. Pull the other side to make sure you will have enough to cover your gift, then cut. Cutting the paper straight can be tricky, you can use a ruler or try to buy paper that has lines on the inside to assist with cutting.

Cut the ends off if there is too much extra paper. Extra paper on the ends makes folding the ends very difficult and sloppy. But, don't cut too much because then you will not be able to fold the ends at all.

The amount you leave on the ends varies on the box width, the thicker the box, the more you will need.

Fold the paper over and tape in the middle.

Now, fold the paper down and turn the corners in.

Press down with one hand.

And fold the corner in with the other. Or, use one hand like this. (I would have been using two hands if I wasn't using my other hand to take this picture)

Both ends are folded in.

I folded the end of the paper in like this because it makes it thicker and looks better.

This is what the end will look like when you're done!
Lastly, all you have to do is add a To/From tag and a bow:

I bought these tags at target last year and am still using them. They are super cute and make labeling presents very easy.

Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment