Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fall Wreath

Here is a fall wreath that I made. I got the wreath base at Michaels- it is made of wooden sticks/branches all wrapped around each other. I like this type of base because it's really easy to stick plastic flowers- you do not even have to hot glue or fasten them in any way- which makes it easy to use this base all year round by switching the flowers/decoration according to season. I bought the fake flowers from Michaels- I got them in big bunches and just cut them off separately- it was less expensive to do it this way. The pumpkins, gourds, and pinecones are all from Michaels as well - I bought them in bags. And lastly, the burlap (which I did not originally plan on using, will discuss later)- I bought a big roll from Michaels last year and have used it for multiple projects.

To start my wreath, I held the flowers and other decorations up to the wreath to kind of eye ball how everything was going to go. I decided on layout and start placing flowers in the wood. Once I had those situated, I hot glued the pinecones. Then came the plastic pumpkins and gourds- these gave me some difficulty as they would not stay hot glued to base of wreath for whatever reason. I tried tying them on with wire and string but that did not work because they are so dang slippery and awkwardly shaped! So, I got the burlap out and wrapped it around and super glued pumpkins and gourds to it and it worked! And made the wreath even more beautiful. Here is the finished product- and I could not be happier about how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment